Saturday, April 27, 2019

Tom Bishop Miniature Show

It's been quite a while since I worked on my dollhouse or played with my miniatures, but I'm back at it with inspiration from the Tom Bishop Miniature Show I attended in Chicago this past week taking a few classes and enjoying the vendors at the show on Friday.

The first class I took was with Paula Gilhooley making a large floral arrangement.  I learned how to make several different flowers, and while I still have to insert several flowers into the arrangement, so far it looks pretty nice.  It looks awesome on the table in the parlor.



The next class I took was with Marcia Mclain making drapes for the parlor.  I really enjoyed this class and Marcia made it so easy to make some really nice drapes.  And to my surprise and delight, they fit perfectly!




I plan on making blinds for the windows themselves and bought some lovely fabric and trim for that.  On Friday, with my list in hand, I shopped the preview show and found everything I was looking for . . . and then some!  First on my list was a little girl doll which I found from doll maker Lillian of  "Lillie's Littles".  How perfect is she?!




Then I found this wonderful doll to act as maid of the manor.  Her red hair is wonderful!




I found a wonderful dog by Karl Blindheim as Mr. Pennethorne's constant companion.  He looks right at home in front of the fireplace in the study.



And I found this amazing table absolutely loaded with goodies by Ivani Grande for the wine/food cellar.





And no house is complete without lots and lots of plants!



Orchids

Peace Lily

Wandering Jew

Wandering Jew

Wandering Jew

Lily of the Valley
Brian is busy in the other room finishing the shingles on the roof and then it's time for siding.  The work continues . . .

10 comments:

  1. Hi Teresa! I was just thinking of you and wondering if spring cleaning the house had gotten you good and wrangled! It's nice to have you pop in!
    The flowers are so pretty and I am sure that class will have you confidently making arrangements for every corner of the manor! And the window coverings are absolutely gorgeous and so perfect for the room and the style! Love the photos!!!
    I love each of the new residents and I bet they feel lucky to have landed in such a beautiful home, and the table and plants are amazing! You made the most of your time at the show and I hope you'll be back to share your progress very soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jodi! Brian is finishing up the shingles today and then I'll be adding the siding and finishing the porch. There's always something!

      Delete
  2. You have developed some MAD SKILLS when it comes to making drapes and floral arrangements- WOW!!!
    And you little girl and the Irish maid along with the faithful dog are all PERFECT choices and appear to have been born and raised in your dollhouse!
    Ivani's prep table for the wine cellar and the assorted plants are also INCREDIBLE- you have such a good eye along with Marvellous taste and Talents, Teresa! :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Elizabeth! Can you believe I had purchased everything within about two hours of the show?! I had a list of things I was looking for which really helps as being at a show the size of this one can be overwhelming. Funny story about the prep table . . . I was looking at it and debating for about two minutes. Another lady came and stood next to me and pointed at it to her husband, so I nonchalantly picked it up. I had to have it!! I was there first after all! LOL! No such drama with my other finds . . . ;-}

      Delete
    2. I have tried making lists yet always seem to buy on impulse anyway. I think that your story about your "rival" for the prep table was just another indicator that you have a GOOD EYE for good design and best quality- you just needed her outside confirmation! :D

      Delete
    3. Thank you Elizabeth! ;-} I usually buy on impulse too, but this time I knew exactly what I was looking for. Next year will likely be a different story! LOL!

      Delete
  3. Love absolutely every little inch. I am a plant fiend so adore all the plants bought and made by you. What a very useful class along with the fabulous drapes class - I would love to do both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love plants too and eventually will have enough to fill the entire house. Can't wait to do the landscaping as well. More plants! I enjoyed the classes I took and am looking forward to taking more next year in Chicago.

      Delete
  4. I love your show finds, especially the dog and the plants. Those drapes are super realistic, definitely a skill I will need to learn in future. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Megan! The drapes were very easy to make and I'm excited to make more for other rooms of the manor once I buy a Pretty Pleater, a must have for realistic miniature drapes.

      Hugs,
      Teresa

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, please consider following. Thank you!