Monday, February 18, 2019

Happy Valentine's Day


There's not much to be said about Valentine's Day around my house.  My husband doesn't believe in Hallmark holidays.  So there are no flowers and no chocolates.  No romantic dinner out.  And even though he doesn't celebrate the holiday, I did get a gift.  Something even better than flowers, chocolates or dinner.  A table saw!!  If you're a miniature DIYer, you appreciate what an awesome gift this is!

No more wrestling with a utility knife for me!  I've already put the saw to use cutting down some half inch trim for the dormer windows and cutting a sub-floor for the conservatory.  I was even able to cut the acrylic for the conservatory to size.  Yahoo!!



If you're starting out with building a dollhouse and plan on bashing, or are even contemplating building your own dollhouse from scratch, I highly suggest one of these babies.

While I was fitting and cutting the conservatory floor and decided on what to do about the dormer window trim, Brian was busy shingling the left side of the Mansard roof.  He finished it off yesterday and again, he did an awesome job.  He installed two rosettes on either side of the dormer window and they look spectacular.  Only the left side and the right side front are left to do.


And lastly, my custom order from Ruthellen's Dollhouse Miniatures came on Saturday.  She is a master at her craft.  She created a custom bed for the little girl's room which is absolutely beautiful, along with a matching bedside table.  I love it!  I found curtains on Etsy and they are at the post office ready to be picked up.  I'm loving bringing this little girl's room to life . . . now I just need the little girl!




Ruthellen created these gorgeous custom drapes for the main boudoir.  They match the bed suite that I had purchased from her back in 2009.  She also created a swag and jabot for the French door, but I had given her the wrong measurement, so she's making new ones.  My bad.  I had measured the door, but forgot to measure to include the trim.  I was just going to live with it, but dear hubby, who knows me so well, said to "get it right".  Gotta love a man like that!



Today I'll be finishing up the trim on the dormer windows, adding corbels to the porch and if my back allows, will start on the siding.  And then there's that turret at the end of the porch . . .

2 comments:

  1. Hello Teresa Marie,
    Now that is a Valentine's present! That must be such a great tool to have. I am in love with the work you ordered...it is so well done.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Giac! I love my new saw . . . I'm trying to find things to do so I can use it! LOL! Yes, Ruthellen's work is wonderful and her attention to detail is amazing. She's easy to work with too!

      Hugs,
      Teresa

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, please consider following. Thank you!