Monday, September 14, 2020

Partial Walls Be Gone!

Since I'm almost near the end of construction on the manor, I decided to tackle the last niggly bit that's been bothering me for ages!  Those partial walls in Rosemary's bedroom and the dining room.  The reason I've put it off for so long is that I had to remove everything from the manor in order to re-run electricity that ran down the outside of those partial walls.  That and I was worried about the ceilings caving in, but to my delight (and astonishment), they stayed in place.

I re-routed the wires to the left side, removed the globe fixtures in Rosemary's room and replaced them with a chandelier, and then continued the wires under the manor and sautered them in place.  I took the opportunity to re-wire the lamp in the main floor foyer as I wanted it to stay on for night time ambiance.

I also took the opportunity, since I was tearing apart Rosemary's room anyway, to replace the wallpaper (yet again!).  I didn't care for the bright pink wallpaper, choosing something a little more subdued, but still pink!  Since I was ripping out the partial wall at the back of the room, the wallpaper had to be redone or replaced anyway.

The dining room was much easier.  All I had to do was run my xacto knife a few times along the top and bottom, put a little pressure on that partial wall, and it came right out.  No fuss, no muss!

I'm still waiting on some new flooring for Rosemary's room, but other than that it is finally done!  I'm very happy with the results!

Rosemary's room before . . .


Rosemary's room after . . .




The Grand Dining Room before . . .


The Grand Dining Room after . . .




All that's left to do is finish the foundation at the back of the house, add trim, paint the exterior of the basements and add the decorative elements I purchased.  I'll still be adding bits and pieces here and there, but I'm looking forward to moving on to Darling Cottage . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, please consider following. Thank you!