Saturday, September 5, 2020

Adding and Subtracting

It's a beautiful day outside today, but I felt like working on my dollhouse.  When the mood hits!

I built this cabinet today which came in kit form and was really easy to put together.  After I let the glue set for awhile, I stained it with Dark Walnut and then painted it with Antique Gold.  After the paint dried, I sanded it a bit to let the stain come through.  Then I glued in the plate holders, filled them with plates and hung it on the wall in the scullery.  Another project completed!


The cabinet on the right was purchased from
Heidi at Just Smaller on Etsy.


Isn't this dish rack the cutest thing?
I purchased it from Kathleen's Miniatures on Etsy.
After mulling it over for several months I decided to remove the partial walls in Rosemary's room and the dining room.  These partial walls made it really hard to get good pictures of these rooms which caused me no end of frustration.  Well no more!

Before . . .





After . . .






And since I was demo-ing Rosemary's room anyway, I decided it was a good time to redo the wallpaper.  I was never really happy with the previous pink wallpaper as I thought it "popped" too much drawing your eye to this room.  I also removed the two globe ceiling lights and will replace them with a chandelier in the center of the room.  Maybe the third times the charm?

There's not much to do in the dining room that some trim won't take care of.  I did have to re-route three ceiling fixture lights so that means I have to remove everything from the manor, tip the house over on it's side and sauter everything.  This isn't to big a deal because I have to wire the bedroom light anyway.

I also ordered some brick to finally finish the foundation on the back of the house.  I just have to figure out how to cover/hide the junction splices . . .

2 comments:

  1. Bellissima!!!
    I couldn't see a reason to keep the partial walls in either other than the extra work it would cause to have them removed,but I'm SO GLAD that you bit the bullet and went for it, Theresa because it has made an INCREDIBLE Improvement to both Rosemary's room and in the dining room, where the seating position of the dining chairs, looks right!
    Also changing out the globe lamps for a centered chandelier, will be far more in keeping with the quality of Rosemary's station within the family.
    I'm looking forward to seeing what you've chosen as her new bedroom wallpaper, as I'm sure she is too! -
    Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth! I'm glad I finally got up the gumption to tear out those walls. It has been a huge pain having to take everything out, rip out the walls and crown molding in Rosemary's room and now to have to flip the house on its side to re-electrify. I keep looking to the finish line though! It will be worth it!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, please consider following. Thank you!