Monday, August 31, 2020

OOPS I did it again!

I promised myself I wasn't going to do it.  That I would be satisfied with having just one house.  I mean, it's huge so who needs another one . . . right?  Well, apparently I do!  I've had visions of lighter, brighter colors and the deal was sealed when I watched the new movie "Emma".  All those pinks and apple greens!  Be still my beating heart!

So I did it.  I bought another house!  With winter coming I thought it would be nice to have a project to work on.  The manor got me through last winter, so I'm sure building this one will do the same.  And I do enjoy the building and decorating bits!  Most of the time.

Here's a few snapshots of the movie . . .








Aren't the colors delicious?  I read an interview with the director "Autumn de Wilde" where she said she wanted the house to look like a dollhouse.  How sweet is that?

So with this delicious, cotton candy, yumminess swirling around in my head, this is the house I bought to bring it all to life . . .

The Lilly by Greenleaf Dollhouses
 And this is my inspiration for the exterior . . .

This house is in the Garden District of New Orleans
and was once owned by Anne Rice.
So my inspiration is from the movie "Emma" and from the Garden District of New Orleans.  Other than adding the upper balcony, I'm not planning on doing to much in the way of additions and basements.  My husband laughed at me.  I don't know why?!

The colors I'm thinking for the exterior are cream, gray and plum.  Yummy!

2 comments:

  1. I got to watch Emma in the theater right before they closed everything. for COVID. The cinematography and costumes made for lots of eye candy. I think I may have gotten a cavity.Ha! I will be waiting anxiously as you build this house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought the movie on DVD and have watched it 3 times already. It's just such a feel good movie! I'm finishing up Pennethorne Manor and will likely start Darling Cottage sometime in October/November. I have so many ideas and am thinking I will just include the main rooms from the movie. I'm trying to wrap my head around no kitchen or bathroom! LOL!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, please consider following. Thank you!