Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Servant's Bathroom

Have you ever built a bathroom in a day?  Wish real life worked that quickly!  I spent the day working on the servant's bathroom in the sub-basement.  I had previously wallpapered the ceiling, added lighting and installed the floor I made from print-outs.


I started with building the wall of cabinets that line the back wall of the bathroom.  They are made out of matte board and are non-opening.  I purchased the handles and pulls.  Once that was done I papered the two side walls.  As the cabinets were going to line the back of the wall, I didn't need to paper it.

I papered the two side walls.

I installed the wall of cabinets and drawers.

Then I built, stained and installed the wainscoting.

Finally, I added the crown molding and moved in the fixtures.


The bathroom is located between Reginauld's (the butler) room and the cook's room.

All that's needed now are accessories and bubbles!

I have some finishing work to do in the stairwell and butler's pantry and then it's on to the scullery.  I had originally painted the bathroom cabinets gray with a white wash finish that turned out pretty nice, but I thought it would look much better in the scullery.  The mangle kit I ordered came yesterday, so at some point I'm going to have to attend to that.  It's going to be a daunting task . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, please consider following. Thank you!