Friday, August 14, 2020

Kitchen and Butler's Pantry Updates and the Wine Cellar

The major work in the kitchen is done.  Now it's just a matter of stocking it and adding all those homey touches.  I have purchased a few items and played with them today.  It's such a joy just to play house!


The ovens were busy today baking bread and pie!


Fried egg sandwiches for lunch today!




Cauliflower and Cabbage!
 



I've started work on the wine cellar and it's going well except it's quite a task getting the vaulted ceiling just right.  I've ordered a light fixture and as soon as it arrives I'll be able to install it along with the ceiling.  I wasn't sure at first about the faux brick, but it doesn't look too bad.  I purchased it from Etsy, downloaded it, printed it and used spray glue to affix it to cardstock.  The ceiling I glued to foam board so that I could put the cuts in it to "bend" it into a vaulted position.  Next up is filling it with storage for wine and champagne!

The walls are in and the flooring is ready to be installed.


I used a flashlight here so you could see the ceiling.

Using a flashlight gives it an eerie feeling!

I also finished the butler's pantry and it's turned out quite nice.  I've ordered another light to hang over the cabinet at the back of the room because it's so dark back there.  Other than that all that's needed are all the "valuables".







I also finished the sub-basement stairwell.  The back stairs are a bit wonky as it was hard to get the pitch just right way back in there, but if you don't look too closely, it's not too noticeable.

The door goes into the butler's pantry.



I'm participating in a sofa build from a House of Miniatures kit this weekend.  If you hear a loud scream, it's probably me!

Take care and stay safe!

2 comments:

  1. The English country kitchen you've built and decorated is simply Wonderful!!!
    I think that my favorite feature in it from this series of photos, is the 2 trays of eggs and the breads on the work table-
    One immediately understands that cook is quite skilled in preparing BIG BATCHES of everything by which to feed the Upstairs family, as well those below stairs-
    Well Done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth! I was just telling Brian that my favorite part of the whole manor is the basements! LOL! Aren't the eggs fabulous?! I purchased them from a shop on Etsy. She also made the bread. They're so real you can almost smell their deliciousness! BTW the cook is on her way on a ship from England with the Pennethornes! They're due to arrive next week! Yahoo!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, please consider following. Thank you!