Monday, August 31, 2020

Wine Cellar

The chandelier I ordered for the wine cellar finally arrived so I was able to finish it yesterday.  I had purchased the brick printable from Etsy which I printed out and then spray-glued it to card stock.  Then I used Mod Podge to glue it to the walls and floor.  I used foam board to make the vaulted ceiling.  I also had all the wiring coming down the side of the wall on the right, so I created a faux wall out of foam board, sliced a channel down the center and covered it with the brick paper.  It fit over and concealed the wires perfectly.

I have a buffet table with drawers on order (which finally shipped yesterday) and will be making the storage cubicles myself.  That will be a challenge but hopefully they'll turn out.  I'll also be making some floor to ceiling wine storage.  I'm also toying with the idea of putting in a wrought iron gate near the back to store the really expensive wine and champagne.







With the wine cellar done the manor is pretty well finished as far as building and decorating go.  Now it's just painting the exterior of the basements and adding a bunch of decorative trim.  From here forward it's a matter of filling up the spaces with all the do-dads that make a house a home!


The Upstairs

The Upstairs
The Downstairs

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for divulging all of your construction secrets! The paper bricks look very authentic. Definitely more my speed than creating clay bricks and placing them one by one! ������
    Absolutely love all your grapes in the new wine cellar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzi! I'm happy to help others if I can. Yes, I was quite pleased with how the bricks turned out. Once in place, they look very real! Grapes, cheese and wine! What could be better! LOL!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, please consider following. Thank you!