Friday, January 1, 2021

Happy New Year!

I'm excited about the new year with its promise of new beginnings and hope for the future.  Pennethorne Manor has sit, somewhat sadly, whilst I wile away my hours with other things that aren't as much fun, but need doing nonetheless.  With it being cold and downright dreary outside, I've decided to take the time to finish up the exterior of the manor.  There's some painting and finish work to do and then I'm about done with the construction and it's just play moving forward.  I'm a little bit sad the major work is done, as that is what I like best.  The wrangling of floors, walls and ceilings in place . . . not to mention those dreaded staircases.

While I was away, there has been a new addition to the manor.  The Pennethorne's have hired a new scullery maid.  Her name is Alyssa and she is 12 years old.  It seems she followed Reginauld around town while he was being fitted for his new jacket, and as she seemingly had no family, or place to live, he sent a letter to the Pennethornes asking if she could be hired.  Of course they said yes knowing Edalene could use the help.  And when she has time, she'll be a perfect playmate for Rosemary.

So here is Alyssa . . .






Alyssa is a custom doll made by Lillian Bass of Lilli's Littles.

And not to forget Reginauld who went on a trip via train to be fitted for a proper butler's jacket.  He is quite proud of it and takes great care to have people notice.  Reginauld was originally made by Julie Campbell and the jacket was fitted by Lillian Bass of Lilli's Littles.  I say he looks quite smashing!



Well, that brings us up to date on the household staff.  I have done some decorating and have installed some sumptuous draperies in the Grand Dining Room and water closet which I will post next.

Enjoy your day!


2 comments:

  1. Love your little dollhouse people, and their stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Megan! It's fun making up stories . . . it's like being a kid again!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, please consider following. Thank you!