Saturday, August 1, 2026

Oops, I did it again!

So I did a thing . . . I bought another dollhouse kit. Mostly at the urging of my dear husband. I'd been talking about a 3D printer for some time, and after much research, he pulled the plug and bought one. I wanted one so that I could print my own furniture, trim, accessories, et cetera for the manor. He however, encouraged me to build another dollhouse so that I could make good use of the printer. Although, he has many ideas for items himself!

So we're going to have fun printing in 3D . . . apparently you can teach old dogs new tricks!

Anyway, the house I bought is a Tennyson. It's a smaller house, but will be perfect for the young woman who is going to inhabit it. Her name? BellaDonna! Yes, the little ghost who died concocting a potion in her apothecary. Very unfortunate. She, however, doesn't realize she's dead, and so she just keeps on keeping on . . .

BellaDonna is currently living in the attic of the manor, but once her house is ready, she'll be vacating to her new digs. As a bonus, I already have most of the furniture and accessories! I have so many creative ideas running through my head, I'll never sleep tonight!




The Tennyson - 19th Century Gothic Style

A 19th-century Gothic style house, commonly known as a Gothic Revival or Victorian Gothic home, is a romantic building style featuring pointed arches, steep roofs, and ornate medieval details

Of course I'll be bashing the heck out of this little house, starting with a basement! Dear hubby has been alerted . . .

Inspiration . . .



1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful kit! And I am so glad your hubby is "on board" with the mini mania! :):) I think your house for Belladonna has so much potential... can't wait to see what you build! Maybe this will inspire me to get "backto" work on my Willowcrest which is my larger, unfinished "Witchy" House! (I call it "Hardwick Hall" and it has an unfinished attic and cupola.... which I am adding to the original kit....) It is great to have you back making minis and blogging about them! Thank you for that! :):):)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, and my new project Bellamere House, please consider following. Thank you!