My brain hurts . . . Building the house so far has been pretty straightforward, albeit mistakes were made. I managed to screw up the dimensions for the third floor, floor, and Brian had to cut it out not once, but three times. Yikes! Finally got it in the end.
I'm now working on the roof sections and it's proving to be quite the brain twister. I think I may need to call in reinforcements, or take a nap, not sure which yet . . .

Hello Teresa! Would it help to make the central section taller than the other ones... the mansard tower roof would than be above the other regular dormer roof lines... ? Just a thought... and it would give you an attic tower room! :) Gosh this house is fun already!
ReplyDeleteAre you familiar with the drawings of Edward Gorey? He was a pen and ink gothic style illustrator with a macabre sense of humor. I loved his work. I'm not sure what is available online... and I haven't thought of him in years... but he loved ghoulish Victorian stuff.... You are making a really fascinating house here!
Thanks for the suggestion! After sitting awhile, it came to me how to make the pitched rooves! And lots of space for an attic, sitting room and sewing room! I haven't heard of Edward Corey, but I did a bit of research and he seems like an interesting fellow.
Delete