Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Lots of Progress Today!

I've made quite a bit of progress on the new dollhouse today. On Sunday, Brian built the basement for me which will house the laundry/mechanical room and BellaDonna's apothecary.

Today, I built the first and second floors. My poor husband had to cut the third floor 3 times because I messed up on the measurements of the addition I added to the right side of the house. Good thing he's a patient man!

I hope to work on the roof sections tonight, but it might have to wait until tomorrow as I fear my brain power is waning. The build is going faster than I thought it would so I should have the shell done by the end of the week . . . if I can figure out the roof sections. I might have to call in reinforcements (ie hubby).

The windows are turning out beautifully. I have to say having a 3D printer changes the game. I can alter (or rather hubby can alter) items I find on Bamboo maker to my specifications. It's been fun being able to share in the progress with hubby and he's having fun working out the Bamboo printer!

Once the shell is complete I'll move on to priming the whole house. I'm excited to start working on BellaDonna's apothecary, the first room I'll tackle.

I also played with some of the furniture Brian printed for the parlor. I still have to paint that as well, and there will be so much more to paint in the coming days. Dear hubby bought me an air sprayer of which I'm a little intimidated by, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it with some practice.

That's it for now . . .











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, and my new project Bellamere House, please consider following. Thank you!