Thursday, August 20, 2026

Landscaping the Manor Grounds

I'm having a jolly good time working on the landscaping for the Manor. I purchased some "stone" pavers from Etsy and laid out a walkway from the front door to the parterre garden and gazebo. Still working on the foliage for this section of the garden. I put together a patio for in front of the conservatory and really like how it turned out. At first I had some "grass" in the little square cut out, but I didn't like it, so I replaced it with gravel and placed my sundial on it. I was going to put gravel in the cut outs in front, but decided to play with little grass mounds and liked it so much I went crazy with it. I also put in a few "thyme" plants to fill in some "cracks".

I still have so much to do, but it will come as I get inspired . . .





. . . and we've been playing quite a bit with our new 3D printer. I have most of the furniture for the new dollhouse printed for the parlor. Just needs some paint!




2 comments:

  1. It is a lot of fun to see the landscape growing up around the manor! I have always wished for a "garden" around my Lovely Old Dollhouse... but the engineering required to get me any space at all is a bit daunting... I am currently thinking of making a "pull out drawer" underneath the house itself..... but knowing me I would not be able to make myself ever "put it away" (meaning shut the drawer) so no space would really be saved.... "sigh" my RL house is just too small for all my dreams... which makes it that much more fun to see the landscape around the Manor! :):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! A pull out drawer is a good idea. You might not want it out all the time, but it would be there if you wanted to play! You could also build it without a front on it so you would be able to see it all the time.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, and my new project Bellamere House, please consider following. Thank you!