With a clear vision of how to decorate the attic, I printed some newsprint from Paperish Printables. I printed it in 1:6 scale as I was lazy and didn't want to spend an eternity papering with 1:12 scale. With the paper printed, I cut it out and proceeded to scrunch each sheet to make it look a little used and worn. Then I pasted each piece with Mod Podge and put it in place. As I started I realized what a nightmare it was going to be to paper the insides of the dormer windows, so I asked dear hubby to remove them. It wasn't easy. I glue really, really well! Anyway, he got them off and I was able to easily paper the dormers.
Hence the four steps forward (gluing on the dormers) and four steps back. Then two steps forward and the other two dormers will be glued back in place once the wallpaper for the sewing room arrives. I originally papered them with newsprint as well, but then realized I'm papering the sewing room in a different wallpaper. This is what happens when you're excited to move forward, making mistakes that put you back in your place. I need to slow down and breathe . . .
Anyway, today I'm making boxes for the attic. I got the template for the boxes from Ara at Bentley House Minis. Here's a template and video from Ara. I'll be making oodles of boxes and then I want to find suitcases and such to stack up in the attic as well. Likely they'll be 3D printed.
I ordered popsicle sticks to make the flooring in the attic as I want the flooring to look really old and weathered. I also need to put in the windows (from transparencies) and trim. I also need to stain and insert some ceiling beams. Then I can cross this room off my list . . . for now.





No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, and my new project Bellamere House, please consider following. Thank you!