Saturday, April 25, 2020

Siding the Manor

I've spent the last few days working on the siding for the manor.  It's a painstaking job, but someone has to do it.  I'm using the birch clapboard siding from Greenleaf.  It's pretty easy to cut and shape with scissors or a utility knife.  I'm using my glue gun to glue the boards on, after trying wood glue and crafter's glue which just made the boards warp.

I'm using Dutch Boy paint in "Curly Willow" for the siding and I think I might paint the medallions on the bay windows too.  But I'm still on the fence with that.

So today is more siding.  I'm hoping to get a good deal done today . . . before I go and walk the donkeys!
Left side with most of the siding done.  Just the space to the right of the window to do.

Siding done and first coat of paint.

I just love the bay window on this side of the manor.
I've ordered more corbels to finish off the trim to the left.

The right side.  The bottom and the space to the right of the window are done.
Just the top portion to do.  I'm debating whether to do it before or after I do the roof.

A view of the manor with the conservatory.

I love the view of the manor from this angle.  Still lots of work to do!
 
The manor sitting on the basement addition which has a long way to go to being finished.
It will house the kitchen, a butler's pantry, wine cellar, and laundry/sewing room.


6 comments:

  1. It like visiting an old friend Teresa :D
    The conservatory fits hand in glove against the house: every addition has the appearance of always having been this way:
    and What a Regal Beauty you're turning your manor into!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Elizabeth! I don't know how I missed this comment so I apologize for the delay in responding.

      Delete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! The basement will be great to see when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cari! The basements are mostly finished! Just a bit more work in the wine cellar and then it's just adding the treasures that make a room come to life.

      Delete
  3. I love it, I love it, I love it ❤️ I want to come over your house and play 😁 your imagination is amazing!! your house is crazy nice, it's definitely the best beacon hill I have ever seen!! your vision off your house is friggin awesome, keep posting...or please please friend me on Facebook, I would love to be your friend and yap to you..😁my name is HONEY NOBLE... I hope to see you in my DM'S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings . . . Your Pennethorne Manor is beautiful. I, myself, am in the final stages of The Beacon Hill - corbels, roof trim, miscellaneous trim, etc., and I've been searching for ideas. What corbels did you use? No offense to Greenleaf, but he wood supplied in their Beacon Hill isn't the best. (I've spend two days sanding and "puttying" the porch corbels and they still don't look as nice as the corbels you used on your Pennethorne Manor.) If it is not too much to ask, I'd truly appreciate your suggestions. I don't know if I'm permitted to, but . . . here is my direct contact: jfryer659@gmail.com.

    Thank you for your consideration . . .

    All my best . . .

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, please consider following. Thank you!