Thursday, April 30, 2020

Copper Roofing

Since I'm waiting on more siding and the porch is on hold for now, I decided to move on to the copper roofs on the side of the house and the front bay window.

I found this awesome tutorial by Laurie Heisler, using gold scrapbook paper and gel stain.  It looks just like real copper and is much less expensive!

I started by cutting templates and then using the gold scrapbook paper, cut out pieces for the flashing and roofing for both windows.

Flashing and roof for side window.
Flashing goes under the siding and roof.

Roof goes over the flashing.

Same for the front bay window.

Front bay window with copper roof.
Now I have to run out to the hardware store for the stain.  After I get back I'll stain the roofs and then glue them in.  Then it's just a matter of replacing the siding (of course I had to pull some off of the side because I got ahead of myself) and voila!  I can check copper roofing off my list!

Supply List:
Gold Chevron scrapbook paper
Scrap paper to make templates
Scissors
Minwax Mahogany Gel Stain
Rags
Glue
Matte Mod Podge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, please consider following. Thank you!