Thursday, April 30, 2020

The Pennethorne's Visit

I was visited today by the Pennethorne family who were accompanied by their butler and maid.  They came to see the progress on the manor and they were not amused.  It seems their property in England has sold and they are anxious to have the manor complete so they can move in by the summer.  I explained that the project manager didn't order enough siding (they were not interested in excuses).  And then there's the change order they put in for an addition to the porch.  I did tell them however, that the copper roofing will be installed tomorrow and they seemed impressed by that.

I didn't have the nerve to tell them that the kitchen, butler's pantry, wine cellar and laundry won't be ready for most likely another year (or more depending on my schedule - LOL!).

They're headed back to England to start packing and they said ready or not, they'll be moving in on their return.  Oh . . . the lifestyles of the rich and famous!









6 comments:

  1. Una mansión espectacular y sus habitantes de lujo,buen fin de semana:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "A spectacular mansion and its inhabitants of luxury, good weekend."

      Thank you Rosa! You have a good weekend as well!

      Delete
  2. Oh the Pressure the Pressure!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope they made their wishes clear and you get a shift on.😀

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, please consider following. Thank you!