Thursday, April 23, 2020

I need inspiration . . .

I can't believe it's been nine months since I worked on Pennethorne Manor.  The poor old dear is sitting in my boudoir awaiting her wood siding and porch addition.  All of her beautiful accessories are piled in boxes because she was moved from our living room up a set of wonky farmhouse stairs and into my room.  She doesn't have a permanent home as I'm hoping to have a special alcove built into our new sun room, which sadly won't be built for another two years.  In the mean time I'm looking for inspiration to get me motivated to set up and continue working on her, lest she be naked for the rest of her life.

How are you all doing during this pandemic?  I must admit after almost a month of being at home, I'm going a little stir crazy.  I'm grateful though, that we live on a farm and I have plenty to keep me busy.  We adopted two donkeys whom I'm completely smitten with.  Their names are Ruth and Esther.  Esther is pregnant and is due in the next month or so.  I can't wait to welcome a new baby to the farm!

Ruth (right) and Esther (left)

Ruth

Esther
I hope you are well and that you and your loved ones are safe.  Please take care and "stay home" for everyone's health and safety.  And to all those who are working in essential services . . . thank you for making a difference.  You are appreciated!


The LORD bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine on you
and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you
and give you peace.
~ Numbers 6:24-26 ~


6 comments:

  1. Hi again Teresa, so good to hear from you again!
    It's funny but you and your dollhouse crossed my mind about a week ago and so it's good to see you on your blog again!
    Ruth and Esther are Adorable but what made you decide to adopt 2 donkeys?

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth! It's nice to hear from you! I was on your blog yesterday drooling over your new project! Did you know that some of the pictures aren't showing up?

      I managed to get one side of the manor sided yesterday, and to keep inspired I think I'm going to paint it today. I'll post pictures later.

      Well, we have alpacas, goats, chickens, ducks, geese, rabbits, dogs, cats, parrots, and a miniature pig. What farm is complete without a pair of donkeys? LOL! I was deciding between sheep and donkeys, but I also wanted something cuddly. And donkeys definitely are more cuddly than sheep. It's a funny thing, but the farm feels complete now.

      Take care!

      Delete
    2. Thank You for your visit to my blog Teresa and YES, I found out to my great dismay that half of the photos I'd posted went missing, still don't know why, however I was able to repair most of the damage, albeit not to all of what I'd posted before.
      But about your cuddly donkeys: I saw a British program on the care of rescued donkeys in a shelter which I found quite interesting however, I can never think of them without remembering how David Copperfield's aunt Betsy, would STOP EVERYTHING in order to chase them off her property: " Janet! - Donkeys!" :D

      Delete
    3. Oh! That's too bad Elizabeth. I hate it when that happens.

      That's funny! They do like to nibble, so if left to their own devices I'm sure they'd eat themselves sick. Silly donkeys!

      Delete
  2. Hi Teresa! Like Elizabeth, I thought of you recently, too, and was hoping that you were only away because life just got busy. And with all of those animals to care for, no wonder! It must be so fulfilling and fascinating to be near them! Donkeys are so loving and full of personality!

    Glad you are finding new inspiration for the Beacon Hill, though! I have missed your progress updates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jodi! It's nice to hear from you! I can't believe how time flies. My poor Beacon Hill has been very patient with me! LOL! I'm glad to be giving her attention once again. After I go out to brush the donkeys, I'm going to be working on the siding again. Hoping to get much more done today!

      Take care!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, please consider following. Thank you!