Tuesday, April 28, 2020

. . . and the Siding goes on

Day 3 . . . or is it 4? . . . and I'm still siding the manor.  It's becoming very tedious.  I just want it to be done so I can move on to more exciting things . . . like building the new balcony alcove!  I shouldn't complain because the manor is looking quite slick with it's new wardrobe.  I've had to order more siding (I think I many have bought too much!) and am waiting for it to arrive.  I'm hoping to have this wrapped up in the next day or two.

My head is swimming with ideas for the balcony alcove and if I use up all my pieces of siding today, I may have time to start on it.  I'm really excited about it!  For now though, I'm going to trudge upstairs and get to work on the rest of the siding . . .

Top right of manor.
And here it is painted.

Bottom right of manor.  I left this to start fresh today.
There's a lot of fanagling around the windows.

Top left of manor.  The conservatory sits just below this window.

And here it is painted.

I also have to think about how to finish the front porch.  I thought of doing a covered gazebo at the end, but quite honestly, I just want the exterior hard scape to be done (meaning, I want to add all the decorative jewelry!).  Here is a picture I found for inspiration . . .

The rounded part would be added on to the existing porch to finish it off.

2 comments:

  1. Siding is a tedious job, but like so many tedious jobs on a dollhouse... So worth all of the effort and patience! It looks marvelous, and you are doing an excellent job! I hope you run out of siding, just for a day or so, so that you can refill the creative tank with a more satisfying task! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't Mojo a Wonderful thing!? When it finally kicks in it like you suddenly see new possibilities and unexplored avenues which you are enthusiastic about exploring. You are doing a Great Job on the siding and the paint colours looks Grand Lady and your upgraded porch idea sound Very Exciting so Don't Stop!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, please consider following. Thank you!