Saturday, September 15, 2018

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas . . .

Not really, but there is a lot of house trimming going on here.  It seems like I've spent days gluing trim to the manor and cutting new pieces to fit onto the breakfast and bath/dining extensions.  It's been a lot of work, but I've also had a lot of fun and am rather proud of myself.  All of the trim is in place and the next step is to paint it all before the shingles and siding go on.

This is what I started with . . .


I discovered later that some of this is door trim, which I don't need because I bought prehung doors.

There is one piece of trim that has me baffled.  Because of the bath/dining extension, the corner trim piece that is supposed to go on this side of the wall, I put at the far right of the wall.  That left no corner trim where trim was supposed to go.  I cut a new piece to fit, but it doesn't look right.  It throws off the balance and I'd have to move the right window over a few inches to center it on the trim, which means I'd have to move the dining room window over a few inches as well.  Eeegads!  I hope with siding in place it will help to visually connect this space.

No corner trim . . . actually it's center trim!  LOL!


Center trim . . . see how it throws off the balance of the right window?


I'm happy with the trim on the breakfast room.  It carries the same lines as the porch and dining room extension.


The mansard roof trim was difficult to get just right, but I think I nailed it.


Now that the trim is in place I can move on to more exciting things, like installing the screened porch.  Here is my inspiration picture . . .


This is where it's going.  It's a small porch measuring just 5 x 5 inches.  Just enough room for a chair, a side table with some iced tea and a few plants.


I bought the materials today so I'm off to create!  Anyone know where I can buy some miniature screen material?

2 comments:

  1. I am thoroughly enjoying your blog! I binged on it like Netflix last night. Lol! Thank you for sharing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much (insert big, wide smile here)! I'm so glad you're enjoying the blog and I appreciate you following along. So much more to come!

      Hugs,
      Teresa

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, please consider following. Thank you!