Friday, September 7, 2018

Friday Finds

Today's finds all come from Carol Clarke's Dollhouse Interiors.  I'd seen those beautiful Porter's chairs on the internet and wanted one so badly for the manor.  I thought such a beautiful chair would be out of my reach until I found Carol's website.  There I found the perfect Porter's chair for the manor!

The chair will be in the main floor hall with a side table and other paraphernalia once the house is move in ready.  But for now I'm playing . . .




What do you think of my choice for floor covering?  The darker copper color picks up the color in the ceiling and the colors coordinate with colors in the wallpaper.

I also purchased a lovely little working fire grate for the fireplace in the third floor study.  I can't wait to light the fire!



And lastly I purchased a ceiling medallion for the main floor hall.  I had wanted to put one in the dining room, but there is a beam running through the middle of the room.  Do I dare cut through it for the medallion?  Hmmm . . .  There isn't a hole for the chandelier wire, so I'll be drilling one, she says with trepidation.  Any advice you could offer in this regard would be appreciated!


Work on the manor has slowed a bit as I returned to my part time job at the library last night after having two weeks vacation.  I was able to get all the doors stained yesterday (well most of them, I forgot one that was lurking in it's opening.  I must have been playing!).  Today, I'll finish up staining that wayward door and the basement stairs.  I need to install foam board on those walls that are getting doors to allow for the 1/4 inch difference in width.  Luckily, foam board is easy to cut and glue!


Totally off Topic:  I have a peeping chicken!  She's a Silver Gray Dorking and is about 4 months old.  They're starting to get a little more brave making their way around the front of the house now.


2 comments:

  1. Hello Teresa Marie,
    Great purchases. I really love that chair and the grate is perfect. I really like the flooring. I think it works so well with the style of the house. I am not sure about cutting the beam for the medallion. The beams are there to support the floor above, so cutting the beam would look wrong. It is a shame because it is a beautiful medallion.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Giac! I thought about it and you're right . . . I won't cut the beam. I've decided to use the medallion in the main floor hall. There will be a chandelier there as well so at least it won't go to waste!

      Hugs,
      Teresa

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, please consider following. Thank you!