Tuesday, September 4, 2018

I've Reached the Tower!

I've made a lot of progress on the manor over the last four days and must thank my dear husband, Brian, for his patience and help.  He's been a constant source of support and encouragement, especially with the additions I made.  If I was a builder/contractor, I'd have been fired by now!  But all is well in the end!

I was able to get the mansard roof on without any difficulty.  It was actually quite a breeze!  The most difficult part was waiting for the glue to dry (insert jeopardy jingle here).  All that's needed now are shingles which will come later.  I've already enlisted the help of my expert puzzle maker, Brian!



I also got the tower (aka the attic) done.  I didn't want this space to go to waste and seeing so many inspirational attics on the internet, I decided to go for it.  It turned out quite nice and I have big plans for this small place.  All that's left is to put on the mansard roof panels which I plan on doing today.


I'm also starting work on the porch today.  I glued together the posts (three in total to make one hefty post) and will paint the pieces today before I put it all together.  I told Brian my plan, he asked if I had the paint yet, I said no, he took me to Menard's where I got the four colors I'm going to be painting the house.  I couldn't decided on the main color, having four to choose from, and on the way we decided on which color it was to be.  I'm really excited to see how it turns out!

I also wanted to share my newest miniature gem.  This pantry cupboard was made by Mollysue Miniatures.  It is so sweet and it arrived on my anniversary!  I haven't decided exactly where it will go, in the kitchen or butler's pantry, but for now it's sitting prettily in the kitchen.  Thank you to my husband of 28 years for such a wonderful present!


2 comments:

  1. Hello Teresa Marie,
    The house is looking wonderful. How great to see it with the new wings. I cannot wait to see what you do to the attic space.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Giac! I'm pleased with the way it turned out now that the hard part is behind me! I put the mansard roof on the attic yesterday and to my delight the part I cut out fit perfectly. It really pays to make a template!

      Hugs,
      Teresa

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, please consider following. Thank you!