Monday, January 21, 2019

Dollhouse Mash Up

Here are a few odds and ends that I've finished up over the last week . . .

I've decided that instead of Reginauld's bedroom, that little space at the top of the stairs on the third floor is going to be the family chapel.  I purchased this sweet little kit from Arjen at ArjenSpinhovenMinat on Etsy.  I'm going to try and stain it, but if that doesn't work I'll paint it.  There were no directions with the kit, but it went together fairly easily.  A little bit of glue at each joint held it together beautifully.




I finally was able to permanently install the Jacqueline chandelier from JGetzan Miniatures in the dining room.  It's beautiful!  I could just sit and look at the chandeliers in the main floor rooms all night.  The crystals twinkle in the soft light and it's mezmerizing!



Since the chandelier was installed in the dining room, I was able to finish the bathroom floor and finish all the trim.



I pondered what to do on the flat roof tops of the manor and decided on going with sandpaper.  I'd seen it somewhere and thought it was a great idea.  I ordered black 60 grit black sandpaper from Amazon, cut it to size and glued it on.  I like the effect.  I also painted all the cranberry trim and  because I had to cut the sandpaper to fit, you could see the wood in between the cuts.  To hide this, I painted black on the wood at each seam.  This hid the cuts beautifully.




Most of the finish trim (baseboards, crown molding, et cetera) is finished.  All that's left is trim around two French doors and finishing the baseboards around them.  And that will do it for the interior of the house!

All that's left on the exterior is siding, applying trim over the wiring at the back of the house, applying egg shell brick to the foundation, and shingling the mansard roof.  I hope my contractor has cleared his calendar for this coming weekend!

6 comments:

  1. You've been busy and finding great solutions! The chandelier is stunning! Won't be long now and you'll be moving all the furnishings and accessories in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jodi! I really love the chandeliers . . . they add so much to the ambiance of the manor. Once I finish the exterior, I'll be moving on to the basement. So much work there!

      Hugs,
      Teresa

      Delete
  2. It's all looking really elegant and lovely Teresa, and adding a family chapel is an ideal way to make good use of the tower room- Simple and effective!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth! The chapel is going to be on the third floor across from the study. I have other plans for the turet ;-)

      Hugs,
      Teresa

      Delete
  3. Hello Teresa Marie,
    Great job on the kit. It looks lovely and I like the idea of a family chapel in the house. the bathroom came out beautifully and I like the chandelier in the main room. Lighting adds so much to a dollhouse. The sandpaper is a great idea for the roof.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Giac! Yes, I love lighting in a dollhouse. Lighting makes the house come alive!

    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, please consider following. Thank you!