Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Half a Ceiling and a Turret

Ever have one of those "duh" moments?  I ordered twice the amount of crown molding I thought I'd need to finish the dining room ceiling, but alas, I was still short.  I guess cutting all those little pieces uses up a lot of real estate.  At any rate, I was able to finish one side of the ceiling today.  All the pieces were cut by hand and then glued in.  I stained the whole thing and then glued the dining room wallpaper to the back of it.




I used glue to attach the finished coffered ceiling to the dining room ceiling.  It turned out pretty well.  I over-used glue in a few spots so the stain wouldn't penetrate, but all in all, I'm happy with the outcome.

I'm still short crown molding to finish the other half which I ordered more of again today.  While I was at it, I ordered some corbels and channel molding.  The thought of putting all those pieces together from the kit and sanding them and then painting them, was agitating, so I opted for finished corbels that I just have to paint and attach.  Besides, I think they'll be much prettier with their Victorian design.  The channel molding is for the back edges where all the wiring runs.  I'm hoping the channel molding will cover it and look nice and finished as well.




Brian got all the shingling done on the turret.  What a job!  I have to say that he's quite amazing and the turret turned out even better than I imagined.  A BIG HUGE THANK YOU to my dear hubby.  I'm inspired once again to keep moving forward.  The turret stands like a cake on top of the house.  Yummy!  All that's needed is a touch up of the edges and finishing the painting on the dormer window.







I'm itching to get the chandeliers installed so that I can glue down the bathroom flooring.  It's looking quite haphazard in there!

4 comments:

  1. I have to imagine that you are feeling pretty chuffed about how Beautiful your coffered ceiling looks installed because it has THE WOW FACTOR! :D
    Plus the professional shingling job by your hubby on the turret, is Terrific too! :D
    AND I also like the beefier finishing molding you've used on the turret which suits it to a "T" - You two make a GREAT TEAM - Well Done! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth! Yes, feeling very "chuffed" (I had to look up the word because I didn't know what it meant! LOL!). I'm happy with how the interior is shaping up. Still a long way to go to add that "homey - ethereal" feel your gorgeous house has!

      Hugs,
      Teresa

      Delete
  2. I know all that mitering is a lot of work but when it turns out as beautifully as your have it is worth it every time! I hope the shipment arrives quickly so you can continue on your coffered ceiling roll and get that gorgeous dining room completed! And yeah for skilled and helpful husbands who are not only willing to help us on our dollhouses, but are also willing to cook!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jodi! Me too! Still waiting as of today, but I'm keeping busy finishing up those niggly bits!

      Hugs,
      Teresa

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, please consider following. Thank you!