Friday, January 4, 2019

Niggly Bits

I didn't have much time to work on the manor yesterday, so I decided to work on some of those niggly bits that have been keeping me up at night (not really, but it sounds good doesn't it?!).  Ha ha, anyway, I was able to finish up some wiring - the little elephant lamp my mom bought me for my birthday (which is residing in the study for now), a light fixture in the second floor hall that I had to replace because the old one kept giving me grief, and the fireplace in the study.  To my great relief, all the lights are working, at least for now.





I also installed all the little door handles on all the doors in the manor.  They are so darn cute!  I purchased them from Melody Jane Doll's Houses.  They come in three parts, two handles and one screw that goes through the door and then the handles are screwed on.  They were a bit on the expensive side, but I had to have "real" door handles.  No cheapy glue on handles for this manor.



And lastly, I finished up the fireplace in the third floor study by applying faux brick to the inside, which I grimed up by adding black paint, and glued them in place.  Then I added the trim and touched up with some paint around the inside edge of the opening.  I also painted the white electrical wire that runs from the fireplace down the wall and along the wall behind the baseboard.



I was quite happy to get all these niggly bits done.  All that's left on the interior is to finish the baseboard trim in the conservatory, parlor, main floor foyer and bedroom.  I was going to work on it yesterday, but I'll be darned if I can find my miter box!  It has totally disappeared!  I can't for the life of me figure out where it went. I think I must have pixies running around the house.  And lastly, finish the coffered ceiling in the dining room.

Which brings me to . . . drum roll please . . . installing the chandeliers!!  Whoot whoot!  I was going to wait until I finished the exterior as well, but I can't wait any longer.  They're going in today!

I'll leave you with a few pictures of the finished rooms.  I'm sure there will be tweaking here and there, but for now I'm calling it done!

Main Floor Hall

Conservatory

Bedroom

Second Floor Hall

Third Floor Hall

4 comments:

  1. Very nice!
    I have tried to do a Victorian era house, but can't seem to get a grasp it. I am envious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Audra. Just keep in mind that everything is dark ie wallpaper, flooring, ceilings. Then add lots of layers with carpets, heavy drapes, furniture, doilies and lots and lots of chatzkes!

      Hugs,
      Teresa

      Delete
  2. I Love your Elephant lamp Teresa and how wonderful that you mother purchased it for your birthday, as it will be a constant association with your mom every time you look at it. :)
    Also love the richness of your various rooms and the dark woods you've used throughout, which enhance the very elegant Victorian style wallpapers.
    I know how excited you must be feeling at this stage of your build and I can't wait to see what the chandeliers will look like once you've installed them- and now the Real Fun begins!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth! I've always associated elephants with my mom ever since I can remember. I think she had an elephant brooch once that she loved and it stuck with me.

      I was able to finish the second part of the ceiling last night, so will be staining and installing it today. Then that last chandelier is going in. So excited!

      Hugs,
      Teresa

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, please consider following. Thank you!