Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Mini Making Me

After finishing the dining room furniture I decided to complete the kits I purchased from Kris at 1 inch minis - Estate Chair.  Her directions were well written and it was easy enough to put the chair together, although I did manage to get glue in places where glue shouldn't be.  I guess that's my trademark . . . sigh . . .



I have one more chair to make for the other end of the table.  No mistaking who the Lord and Lady of the Manor are.  I really like how the dining room is coming together, although I'm not pleased with that load bearing wall there in the center.  It's hard to get a really good picture of the whole dining room with it in the way.  I'm thinking of cutting it off, but that opens a whole can of worms and at this point, sometimes it's better to leave well enough alone.

After putting the altar for the chapel together, all that was left to do was paint it.  I tried to stain it, but the stain wouldn't take, so I painted it with Burnt Umber.  I distressed it a little bit to look like it gets alot of use, and then I varnished it.  Project complete!



I have a few more pieces I'd like to add here and then cozy it up a bit.  It will be a nice room for the family to gather in.

The snow is blowing outside at 25 miles per hour.  The thermometer says -21.  Everyone is hunkered down and I put some extra food dishes out for the wild birds.  Poor things.  I'd like to bring everyone in, but then they probably wouldn't appreciate my well intentioned intention.  Stay warm and safe everyone!




2 comments:

  1. Hello Teresa Marie,
    Great job on that chair. I don't remember any project in which I did not get glue where it did not belong. It is just one of those things.
    Those pictures look a lot like the weather we have in Montreal...just add snow and ice. How long before spring?
    Big hug
    Giac
    N.B. I almost forgot, the altar came out beautifully and I like the distressing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Giac! Yes, other than wiping your fingers constantly, I don't know what else you could do with glue! LOL! It was hard to distress the altar, but I'm trying to make things a little more realistic. I have a threshold though! LOL!

      Hugs,
      Teresa

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, please consider following. Thank you!