Saturday, January 5, 2019

Friday Night Lights

Last night I got two of three chandeliers installed.  It was quite the effort to get the parlor chandelier in place as it was also being installed with a ceiling medallion.  Ever try threading a needle?  Ya, it was that much fun.  Anyway, both chandeliers look absolutely lovely.  The Hawaiian chandelier from JGetzan Miniatures graces the main floor hall and the Bella chandelier hangs in the parlor like a delicious piece of exquisite jewelry.  I love, love, love them!

Hawaiian from JGetzan Miniatures


Bella from JGetzan Miniatures
I'm holding off on installing the Jacqueline chandelier in the dining room until I get the ceiling finished.  I'm thinking I need to build the dining table I purchased as a kit so that I can situate the chandelier over it as well.  Sounds like a good plan . . .

Once I got the chandeliers installed, I couldn't help myself.  I pulled out my miniatures and started furnishing the house.  I know I'm going to kick myself, but honestly, I was unpacking and moving in before I knew what I was doing!  I'm going to have to pull it all out again to finish the baseboards and crown molding, but oh! it looks so pretty!

Main Floor Hall

Parlor


Second Floor Hall

Boudoir


Third Floor Hall
Study/Library
Breakfast/Tea Room
Decadent Deserts are made by Kim Saulter

Sun Deck off the Boudoir
I hope you enjoyed the preliminary tour.  Of course, most of this will likely change as the house moves closer to completion and I can "permanently" move in.  Then the fun begins with layers of carpets, drapes, pillows, pictures, plants, and chatzkes!

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning! I can't blame you for getting out all of the furnishings to play with! And placing everything is the perfect way to know what else will go where and what is still needed to buy and make. Can't wait to see it continue to come together so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jodi! You're right about what is still needed. I've started a list and am trying to ward off my spending until the Chicago Miniature Show in April. However, I have bought a few things . . . I couldn't help myself! LOL!

      Hugs,
      Teresa

      Delete
  2. Hi there Teresa,

    I really love what you have done with the house. I especially love the Bella chandelier, and the hooded chair in the main hall. But everything really is telling a story, and I really like the whole as much as the parts.

    Beautiful! Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Doug for your kind comments! I love that you understand that the house is telling a story! As I work on it, the stories come to mind. Perhaps a bestseller? LOL!

      Thank you for following along!

      Hugs,
      Teresa

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Carrie! I had intended to install the "Jacqueline" chandelier yesterday, but I got sidetracked. Looking to install today!

      Hugs,
      Teresa

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, please consider following. Thank you!