Sunday, September 3, 2023

An Addition to my Addition

So while I was brainstorming about the spiral staircase the other night, the thought came that it should lead up to a secret hiding place in the library.  Hence, you guessed it, an addition to my addition!

Brian thinks I've completely gone off the deep end, but it didn't take long to get him involved in the building.  Using my inspiration picture, I set about making a box that sits on top of the Allison Jr. addition.  Then Brian created the turret on top as I'm not great at figuring out angles.  And voila'!  An addition to my addition!

Here's the inspiration picture . . .


This could almost be a house all on its own!  It does look a little wonky, but it will look great once it's attached to the manor.  So whilst I'm waiting for glue to dry, I need to figure out how to attach the bay window to the side of the addition.  Hmmmm . . .

The addition to my addition.  The second floor library will lead up via a spiral staircase to this secret room.

I'm thinking of a copper roof on the turret.

From the bottom - the new breakfast room, library and secret room.

I need to figure out how to attach the bay window to the addition.

The secret room which will have access via a spiral staircase.

Good thing I thought to cut out for the windows!

Now to that bay window . . .

2 comments:

  1. It's looking marvelous! What a great idea! That inspiration house is amazing too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, please consider following. Thank you!