Monday, September 18, 2023

Bricking the Basement and Sub-Basement

For the longest time I thought I would paint the basements the same color as the house and then add some pretty wood scrolls . . . and then I found this wallpaper on Etsy!  It has a brick pattern and a texture that makes it much more interesting and much more like brick.  I spent the morning attaching it to the basements and I'm very pleased with how it turned out.  I do have to do some touch-ups here and there and then I might pull out my paint brushes making it look a little dirtier, like it's underground.

I have one more piece to put on the side, but I need Brian's help to hold up the side arm he attached to hold up the addition.  Speaking of the addition, it's coming along, albeit slowly.

So here are the bricked up basement foundation walls!

The basements before bricking began.

The basement and sub-basement.  The little door on the side is for storage.

Part way through bricking I realized I didn't like the foundation cracks, so I ripped it off and redid it.

Just before ripping off the paper to redo it.

The side looks pretty good.

Looking good.  Still some touch-ups, reattaching the door and working out how to make it look more like it's underground.  There's a dirty paint brush in my future.

A little hard to see, but the paper is textured.

Almost done!

My knees are killing me after spending most of the morning on the floor, but I'm happy with the results.  Now I have to go and clean up my huge mess and tackle the addition.  The bay window is going in come hell or high water!

1 comment:

  1. You sure the Addams Family don't live in this house? Just kidding, it looks beautiful and I'd love to move in.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, please consider following. Thank you!