Thursday, September 14, 2023

Back from Travels and Addition Update

I'm home after travelling to Canada - back home - to Denver - and back home again.  My trip to Denver was a success and I was able to purchase a whole lot of wonderful bright and shiny crystals and more for my crystal shop which is in dire need of dusting!

Work on the manor addition is progressing, albeit slowly.  After a full day of rest and relaxation on Tuesday, I spent a few hours yesterday siding the secret room above the new library.  I also painted the exterior of all the windows and then stained the interiors, along with the breakfast room doors.  After running errands this morning, I was able to paint the exterior of the secret room and some corbels that will go along the roof line on the corners.

I've also been scouring Etsy for some wonderful little additions to the manor and will share them in another post.  And I'm still working out how to electrify the addition . . .

Did you know that crystals make great weights for drying shingles?  LOL!

I still haven't found a glue that doesn't make the shingles warp.  These shingles from Greenleaf are almost paper thin!


Rosette on the side of the secret room.

Waiting for the fish scale shingles to dry and playing with windows.

The new breakfast room doors are stained.

Up close view of the secret room window and turret windows.  The turret will be getting a copper roof.

Windows and breakfast room doors ready for their turn under the paint brush.

One of the addition windows all painted and ready to be installed.

Addition windows.  I'm thinking that secret room window needs to have a burgundy frame.  What do you think?


I'll be busy in my crystal shop tomorrow and Saturday so work on the addition comes to a screeching halt for a few days.  On Sunday we're heading out on a road trip.  You'll never guess what's coming!  Have a great weekend!


2 comments:

  1. Looking wonderful Teresa! Have a great road trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your addition looks fabulous!
    BTW AliExpress have some great 12th scale LED lighting that uses tiny lithium batteries, maybe they may work for you. I've used them because I hate wiring and they attach using magnets.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, please consider following. Thank you!