Wednesday, September 6, 2023

New Addition Updates

With most of the build done, I moved on to some wallpapering.  First I wallpapered the bay window as it's much easier to do now without it attached to the addition.  Then I repainted the window frames and glued them in place.  Next I set about wallpapering the new breakfast room.  I love this wallpaper!  I'm thinking about repapering the old breakfast room in the same paper, but will wait until things are a little further along before making a final decision.

A couple of the windows I ordered arrived and I tried them out in the openings.  They fit perfectly!  They'll be painted before being installed permanently.

I'm working out in my mind's eye how to do the electrical on the addition.  I think I pretty much have it worked out and will tackle it once I'm back from Denver.

I've also been working on finishing up a few niggly bits on the manor.  I had ordered more balustrade for the widow's walk on the turret and finally painted and installed it.  I've also been filling up the silver/porcelain room with silver and filling up the wine cellar.  I ordered 36 bottles of wine, but it only filled a little over a third of the cabinet!

I found some really cool textured paper for the outside of the basements and once it arrives (all the way from Greece!) I'll be tackling that project.  It will be nice to have the outside wrapped up and then I can move on to landscaping.

I leave for the Denver Rock and Mineral Show tomorrow, so I better get myself packed.  I'll be gone for about 5 days and when I return it will be full steam ahead on the addition!

The textured paper I found on Etsy that will cover the outside of the basements.

Wallpapering the bay window that attaches to the side of the new addition.

I'm glad I thought to wallpaper the ceiling in the bay window!

The wallpapered bay window.  Just need to insert the window frames.

The new breakfast room.  The curtains are from Monika at ECHminiatures on Etsy.

The bay window.  Up next flooring and trim.

The windows I ordered for the new addition.  I ordered different windows for the secret room and turret.

Still trying to figure out how to attach the bay window to the new addition.


1 comment:

  1. Joining the "extra" buildings is complicated! You might need to carve away the clapboard siding where they touch so there will be a flat surface to glue. Also you could add a layer of floor underneath both parts of the building and the bay window, glued to both sections it would form a strong tie at the base. Good luck! I am sure you will overcome the difficulties! And the wallpaper looks lovely too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, please consider following. Thank you!