Friday, September 1, 2023

The Addition

The new addition is the Allison Junior Dollhouse Addition from Real Good Toys.  It was pretty easy to put together once I figured out how to build the foundation.  From there it was putting up the front and outer side walls, inserting the floors, adding the right side walls, and topping it off with the roof.  Easy Peasy!

Once I receive the wallpaper and flooring I'll be doing that before trying to figure out how I'm going to attach it to the manor.  It will have to be something that is easily detachable for moving purposes.  I'm also going to electrify it separately, again for ease of moving.

I had a whole bunch of building supplies (wallpaper, wood and such), but I think I threw it all out thinking I wasn't going to need it anymore.  I'll have to rethink a few things, such as what to do on the ceilings.  I don't want to purchase a whole role of anaglypta wallpaper just for those two ceilings.  But then again . . .  Anyway, here's a preview of the new addition!


The new library and breakfast room addition (sitting precariously on the table until Brian builds the new table leaf).

The new addition (Allison Junior Dollhouse Addition from Real Good Toys).

A view of the new addition from the front.

The new addition from the front.  I was a little worried about the lower front window and the conservatory, but it was like it was meant to be!


The old breakfast room will now become a path through to the new breakfast room and conservatory.

The new breakfast room.  There will be a spiral staircase going in here that leads up to the new library.

The new library.

One more side wall to insert and the addition is complete (Brian cut out for the new door this morning).

Good progress so far!  Today I'm going to prime and once that's dry I can wallpaper!  I might just wallpaper and fix the bay window to the side because I'm anxious to see what it looks like!

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, please consider following. Thank you!