Sunday, October 8, 2023

Let There be Light!

I've been working on the addition and have gotten to the point where I have to figure out how to attach it to the manor.  My plan is to use magnets so that the addition can be removed for ease in moving later on down the road.

As per my normal, I got so excited to get wallpaper, flooring and moldings in that I totally forgot I still had to do the wiring.  I managed to get it done without too much damage, but had to run some wiring out the side of the addition, which was my plan anyway.  You won't see this side of the addition when it's attached to the manor, so I'm not too worried about it.  Still, note to self, maybe a written plan/notes would be helpful?!

Anyway, here's the addition all dressed up and ready to take her place next to the manor . . .

I'm keeping this room for a surprise . . . it's the secret room above the library.

The Library

The Breakfast Room

Doors that lead into the old breakfast room, now a pass-through to the parlor and conservatory.

Bay window in the Breakfast Room

I'm nearing the finish line on the addition and am looking forward to finishing up a few more things on the manor.  There is still some brick work to do on the foundation, covering wires on the backside, and some other odds and ends.  Then I'll be able to move on to the landscaping, but before that . . .

I have a new project coming up in a room box I purchased from Ara at Bentley House Minis.  I'm really excited about this as it's something way out of my comfort zone, but I feel up to something different and challenging.  Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Ah you didn't need my lighting suggestion after all. That's what I get for reading things late. Never mind at least you know about them for any future projects.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, please consider following. Thank you!