Friday, October 27, 2023

Waiting for Paint to Dry

Ever wonder why it takes so long to get any mini-ing done?  In case you didn't know . . . it's because we're always waiting for paint to dry!  Miniatures really do mimic life.

Waiting for the paint to dry on the ceiling/roof before I can install them. 
I used anaglypta wallpaper for texture.

I will also dry brush some silver metallic paint on the ceiling like I did on the furniture and around the room . . .


Anyway, I'm nearing the finish line of the build on BellaDonna's Apothecary.  I'm just waiting for the roof pieces to dry before I can install them and then the interior is pretty much done, albeit I have to install all the "littles" like making a ton of books, maybe (and I say this with much trepidation) b-r-e-a-k-i-n-g furniture and whatever else my mind conjures up.

And I just have to share this cute little thing!  I was a little worried about the size after I ordered it, but it's perfect!  And it's real cast iron! Every "good" apothecarist needs a cauldron!



I was using my glue gun on my room box build and at the end of the day I found this goop of glue!  It will be perfect for the cauldron after I paint it.  I might add some more to it too!


I won't get the exterior of the room box done in time for our Downtown Fall Fest tomorrow, but I'm planning on adding a thatched roof and stone to the walls.  It will be a little thatched/stone cottage in the woods!

 . . . still waiting for paint to dry . . .

Here's what BellaDonna's Apothecary looks like almost finished!




1 comment:

  1. Oh my! I really love how it's looking now Teresa. The cauldron is perfect and that drop of goop is going turn a mistake into something wonderful.
    Sometimes it's the "littlies" that take the most time to do, especially if you have an idea in your head which you want to achieve, then cannot find what you want readily made and have to make it yourself.
    I'm looking forward to your next post.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, please consider following. Thank you!