Monday, May 11, 2020

Bathroom Redo

Since I'm waiting on supplies to finish the exterior of the manor, I decided to redo the flooring in the bathroom.  I was never really satisfied with the flooring I put in the bath and when I found this flooring on Etsy it was as good as done. 

I pulled out the old flooring to use as a template and used a cereal box as my base.  Then I printed out the flooring, cut it out and spray glued it to the cereal box.  Once that was done, I printed the border, cut it out (mitering the corners) and spray glued it on top of the flooring.  Then I sealed the whole thing with two coats of gloss Mod Podge.

I'm very happy with the result and think it looks much better, more to scale, and more in keeping with the manor.

Goodbye old flooring.



I moved the manor to a table where it will sit while I work on the basement.  Still on the to do list:

  • brick the foundation and possibly the front porch
  • build the balcony alcove and banister
  • finish siding and add shutters
  • shingle the gazebo roof and add gingerbread trim
  • hang and wire conservatory chandelier
  • finish the back - covering the edges and wires

I think that's everything.  For now, I think I'm going to play and move the Pennethorne's things in . . .









6 comments:

  1. Changing the floor was such a smart thing to do because the new design really does complement the personality of the house so much better! And the exterior facade is looking amazing! It's so interesting with all it's added detail and looks just like an actual historical house that's been added onto to accommodate a growing family that loves living there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jodi for your kind comments especially "an actual historical house . . .". I love it!

      Delete
  2. I think that your new bathroom tile floor looks totally in keeping with the era and with the the Manor itself, and I love how you have been able to remove the old one and install the new one so cleanly that you would never guess that it had ever been otherwise- A Job Well Done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth! As you know these things are never as easy as one makes it look! LOL!

      Delete
  3. Your Beacon Hill Dollhouse is a work of art!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, please consider following. Thank you!