Sunday, May 24, 2020

Room Reversal

A wonderful follower of the blog left this comment . . .
"Is it too late to wish that the bathroom would be traded for a larger little girl's room and that the little girl's room be swapped out for an en suite?"
I have to admit that it seemed odd that the little girl had to go through her father's boudoir to get to her room.  However, the little girl in the story was a complete after thought.  I had not intended to have a) a nursery or b) a little girl's room for that matter.  However, in favour of balancing the manor (and at hubby's request) I added the room that became the little girl's room.  And in the process of doing so I found myself quite excited at the prospect!  And honestly, I did think about reversing rooms at one point, but didn't want to go through all the work to do it.

I moved the rooms around this morning and found that it does seem like this was meant to be.  After asking dear hubby for his opinion, he agreed.  He also said that they wouldn't have had such a big bathroom in those days.  I lamented about all the hard work of removing and redecorating and he stated that was the point of having a dollhouse . . . wasn't it?  HA!  I thought I was near the end of the building, renovating, decorating stage, but apparently not!

Bathroom - Before

Bathroom - Before

Bathroom - After in what was the little girl's room.

Bathroom - After in new location.

Bathroom - After in new location.

Little girl's room - Before

Little girl's room - After in what was the bathroom.

Little girl's room - After

Little girl's room - After

Little girl's room - After

I swear I could see Rosemary smiling in what is to be
her new bedroom!

Am I daunted by the thought of all this extra work?  Not in the least!  Okay, maybe a little.  Pulling out trim and removing wallpaper is not one of my favorite things to do.  However, it must and will be done!

Also, I just ordered curtains for the bathroom and had to revise the order from three sets to two.  And I had to contact the lovely lady I bought the bedroom curtains from and see if she can make me another set.  Hopefully, with this taken care of I can move full steam ahead.

Now, I'm off to order wallpaper . . . but not before I thank JODI for a great suggestion and the encouragement to make the change!

And since the Pennethorne's have put in yet another change order (that's my story and I'm sticking to it) . . . they've gone on holiday to Mackinac Island to avoid the construction mess.

The Grand Hotel at Mackinac Island

6 comments:

  1. Teresa: Absolutely beautiful!!! Moving around the rooms does make sense in hindsight even though I thought they looked great before. They work so well in this new arrangement. I'm not surprised that Jodi spotted the possibilities that I missed entirely. Isn't she fabulous? Your work is absolute perfection. You should be very proud of the results! - Marilyn D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Marilyn for your kind comments! I admire Jodi's work so much that I'm quite happy to take her suggestion. It's a lot of work, but will be so worth it in the end! Enjoy your day!

      Delete
  2. I am squealing with excitement over here to see what you are going to do with the wallpaper and trims in the little girl's room! I have not ever done a child's room and so please forgive me if I am living vicariously through you! I wish there was some way that I could share the load of work that is ahead of you, but know that my good thoughts and prayers are by your side! And that you do such a masterful job of finishing that you have all you need to make this new arrangement the cherry on top of an already amazing dollhouse! Have so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jodi! I should have you here to deconstruct since you're the impetus for this! LOL! No worries, I'm already very happy with the decision to exchange rooms and am taking the opportunity to use some different wallpapers. And since all I have to do is print the flooring for the new bathroom, it's as good as done! HUGS!!

      Delete
  3. I do believe that you made the right call in room swapping Teresa and even though you've had to undo a lot of what you'd done- you'll be much happier in the end that you did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth! Yes, I will be much happier. I always thought the bathroom was kind of dark as well and had played with the idea of changing it now and then. Well, the time is now! LOL!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, please consider following. Thank you!