Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Ovens and an Alcove

My ovens finally arrived so I spent the day building the alcove they will sit in.  I built it out of foam board and am pleased with how it turned out, however I might have to rip out the under part of the alcove because it's sticking out a little farther than I'd like.  I'm thinking of adding a trim piece to camouflage it but am unsure how to bend it.  Maybe I could make it out of cardboard or foam board?  Hmmm . . .

I still have work to do on the ovens by way of removing the silver covers, gluing the double ovens together and then painting everything black.  I debated on painting them as I like the yellow, but I think it will be more in keeping with a Victorian kitchen if they're black.  I'm still running wiring for lights, so that wall to the right will be wallpapered once all the lighting is in.






Next up in the kitchen is building the lower cabinets.  That should be interesting . . .

2 comments:

  1. Three ovens!!! They look amazing, and the alcove you've created to house them looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jodi! I need to work on better pictures. I took this at night, so it's quite dark. I'm reworking the ovens and will be painting them black. Looking forward to having that done!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, please consider following. Thank you!