Thursday, July 2, 2020

Welcome to the Basement Zone

I'm enjoying working in the basements despite having to be on my knees to do it.  I could put it up on a table, but then I'd have to clean it off and I'm just not that motivated.  It's easier for me to cut wallpaper on my cutting mat on the floor and then paste and hang it on the walls.  I'm sure if the union saw the working conditions, they'd probably file some kind of complaint against the Pennethorne's.  But we won't tell them . . . will we?!

I got all the lights I had on hand installed yesterday.  It took the better part of the afternoon and some mind blowing troubleshooting before they all lit up like they're supposed to.  They look pretty awesome if I do say so myself . . .


I also took a giant leap and glued in the stairs in the basement stairwell.  I'd been dreading doing it, but it was time and it didn't hurt as much as I thought it would.  They look pretty good all finished and standing firmly waiting for the pitter patter of little feet (doll feet that is).





Today I worked on the kitchen and got the crown molding installed along with wallpaper on two walls.  I won't hang the tile and wallpaper on the right wall until the ovens come and are installed so I know exactly what goes where.  I also stained the tops of the prep tables and will paint the bottoms at some point.  Since I had to stain the crown molding and baseboards, I threw in the tables as well.


The carpenters left for the day and will be back to install the baseboards and the door . . .
once the electrician runs the wires for the sconces.



And just for fun I'm posting this picture . . . I don't know why, but it cracks me up!  I'll be working on this room next as I have the crown molding and wallpaper for it.  This will be the cook's room.


Work will resume tomorrow . . . for now it's bed time!



2 comments:

  1. Excellent work, Teresa! You're really making great progress and the rooms are looking beautiful with their wall papers, trims and lighting! Congrats on those stairs, too! That's a big To-Do Ta-Done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, please consider following. Thank you!