Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Somewhere in Time

I just love this movie!  Christopher Reeves and Jane Seymour made the perfect couple . . . until he found that darn penny in his pocket!

I don't remember exactly, but I think it may have been this movie that spawned my love for all things Victorian.  The beauty, gentleness and decorum of the era tugs at my heart strings.  Not to mention the romance spelled out in a single bouquet of flowers and the ornate buildings and decorating schemes.

Ah to go back . . . somewhere in time . . .




"The man of my dreams has almost faded now.  The one I have created in my mind.
The sort of man each woman dreams of in the deepest and most secret reaches of her heart.  I can almost see him now before me.  What would I say to him, if he were really here?
Forgive me, I have never known this feeling . . . I've lived without it all my life.  Is it any wonder then, that I failed to recognize you?  You, who brought it to me for the first time?  Is there any way I can tell you how my life has changed?  Any way at all to let you know what sweetness you have given me? 
There is so much to say . . . I cannot find the words.  Except for these . . . I love you.  Such would I say to him . . . if he were really here."
Doesn't your heart just break for her when he is torn from her life?  Ah, such is a good romance movie . . .

4 comments:

  1. I'm a great fan of costume dramas and yet I have never seen this one!
    Thank you for bringing it to my attention, Teresa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Elizabeth! I love all the pomp and circumstance! LOL! You'll love this movie . . . even if it does break your heart!

      Delete
  2. I love this movie too. I always stop and watch it if I catch on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had purchased the DVD and have the case, but for the life of me, I can't figure out where the disc went! I'm going to do a thorough search today and if I can't find it I'll order another one. I wanted to watch it yesterday and was very disappointed it was missing!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, please consider following. Thank you!