Monday, July 13, 2020

The Ovens

I am well pleased . . . the ovens turned out better than I imagined.  Brian used his jig-saw to remove the burners and I had to laugh when he came in the house rather sheepishly saying he had ruined my ovens.  They did look rather ominous, but I reassured him that he did exactly what I wanted.  Who knew the inside of a resin oven was hollow?  Interesting . . .

Anyway, I glued all the ovens together, cut out matte board for the tops of the long oven and the top oven and gave them a good three coats of flat black spray paint.

And with that, the kitchen is pretty well finished for all the big jobs.  Yahoo!




I have to give credit here to Mary at Mary & Martha Tours blog for the inspiration and know-how to create these ovens.  Thanks Mary!

6 comments:

  1. Brian did a great job bashing and you did a wonderful job with the finishing! They look marvelous! I am excited to get a chance today to go read the DA blog! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jodi! Have you seen the movie? We saw it in the theater (before the pandemic) and didn't want it to end! I bought the movie and just watched it again the other day. It's just so well done! I hope they make another one!

      Delete
  2. I love the wallpaper in the grotto. May I ask what/where it came from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the delay in responding, but I just realized I needed to approve comments! The wallpaper is actually a thin plastic and can be purchased here https://www.etsy.com/listing/992921728/dollhouse-miniature-wall-tiles-green?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=dollhouse+kitchen+tiles&ref=sr_gallery-4-7&sts=1&referrer_page_guid=6c554e7b-c368-40d3-ac9c-47de7bb9c0b3&organic_search_click=1

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, please consider following. Thank you!