Tuesday, July 7, 2020

The Chapel

I thought I'd share the Chapel at Pennethorne Manor today.  I haven't mentioned it much (if at all) because it's a very personal space, not just for my dolls, but for me.  Let's start with the dolls . . .

Lord Pennethorne follows the Anglican faith, the most common Christian denomination found in Great Britain and he is a member of the Church of England.  Reginauld also follows the Anglican faith.  Lady Pennethorne follows the Baptist faith.  Since living in America, Lord and Lady Pennethorne and Reginauld visit a Baptist church on Sunday mornings.  When they're in England, they attend an Anglican church with old Aunt Adelia.

Aoife, being a good Irish girl, follows the Catholic faith.  She is very devout and visits the chapel daily.  She attends mass at a Catholic church on Sunday mornings.

Forgive me if this isn't your cup of tea, but I just want to speak from my heart and declare my faith and love for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  I haven't always been a model Christian, but I try always to do the right thing.  I've strayed off the path so many times and gotten myself into some very precarious situations, but I've always been protected by angels and loved by the Lord . . . and I'm almost positive that I provide a great source of laughter for them up there.

And now a visit to the Chapel . . .

This space still requires curtains and a few pictures that I have in mind.  I'd also like to replace the bench from Dream Small Studio on Etsy with a pew bench.  And more flowers would be nice.



The agate cross was a gift from a friend who visited Ireland.  The "vintage Holy Bible" came from Little Things of Interest on Etsy and the prayer bench is from Arjen Spinhoven on Etsy.  It was a kit that I put together and painted.


The miniature statues of Jesus and Mary came from the gift shop at the Holy Hill Basilica in southeastern Wisconsin.  It's a beautiful and peaceful place to visit with a wonderful cafe' and paths for meandering and contemplating, even if you're not Catholic.

Huh!  I never noticed that lamb at Jesus' feet before!


Aoife entering the Chapel for some prayer time.


I hope you enjoyed your visit to the Chapel today!


If you'd like a little ambiance with this post today . . . here's my favorite hymn.  Click to play.

6 comments:

  1. Hello Madam,
    I visit your blog every time you update it.
    Seeing your chapel and your desire to change the bench, I thought you might be interested in a site that sells miniature church furniture : www.uol.hk.
    I already ordered a wall table from this site and everything went well (I live in France).
    Thank you for sharing your passion with your blog, it is very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for following along J.A.! Thank you for the information regarding the church furniture . . . I'll check it out!

      Delete
  2. The chapel is lovely. I found it interesting that so many grand houses back then had chapels.....Nowadays, some people have prayer closets. They are a lovely way to clear your thoughts and talk to God without any distractions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carrie! I visited the Bishop's Mansion in Galveston several years ago and there was a lovely chapel there. I'd love to build a little chapel on my farm some day. It would be a sweet retreat.

      Delete
  3. I'm private about my religious convictions as well Teresa yet SO GLAD to read that you are a fellow Believer And follower of JESUS as well.
    We each have stories we could tell about our various spiritual journeys and about how we who are imperfect, have found PERFECTION in HIM!
    AND I think that your quiet little chapel within Pennethorne Manor, is an AWESOME idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth! I'm so grateful to have Jesus in my life otherwise getting through this pandemic would be a nightmare! I have faith and trust in Him completely!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, please consider following. Thank you!