Sunday, July 26, 2020

I'm M-e-l-t-i-n-g . . .

I feel like the wicked witch of the west - melting not from water, but from heat and humidity!  There is supposed to be a break in the weather starting tonight with thunder storms and it can't come soon enough.  All I can say is, I'm grateful for air conditioning!

So while I'm beating the heat by staying indoors, and since I'm waiting yet again for supplies, I decided to go ahead and build the one dresser kit I had on hand (still waiting on the third and final one), three night stands - one for each of the servant's rooms - and some roses I got from Moonflower Miniatures.

Everything went together beautifully and other than the last dresser, the servant's rooms are furnished.  I would like to add at least one chair and perhaps some other do-dads once I spend some time figuring out each of their personalities.

Built and waiting for staining . . .

All turned out beautifully.

Reginauld's room.

Isn't this night stand the cutest thing?

Flower kit from Moonflower Miniatures on Etsy.

I used super glue to mimic water and hold the roses in place.

Rosemary's vanity arrived and as it happens I had to move furniture around to make the room make sense and give enough room for Rosemary to move around.

Wish I had thought to remove that middle/end wall . . . ughhhh!
Since I had not one, but two, wire fires from the light for the butler's pantry, I ordered a different fixture altogether and am awaiting its arrival.  I did manage to get some of the wallpapering done and the flooring done for the butler's pantry, but until I can get that light installed, I'm at somewhat of a standstill.

The floor here is dark walnut wood flooring which I varnished.  I also had to add on 6 inches because these rooms are 24 inches deep.  It was not easy wallpapering way, way, way back there!

And with some of the furniture I've ordered for this room.  Brian gave me a generous budget and I used it all!  LOL!  I was going to build some cabinets, but I wanted something very particular and I wanted the doors and drawers to open to display silverware, napkins, candles and the like.  So far, two of the mahogany china cabinets have arrived.  I need to take a picture of the fronts . . .

I also got the scullery all wallpapered since I was able to cover the wires from all the lights from the sub-basement that lead down this side of the basements.  I've ordered a mangle (creepy name isn't it?) from Phoenix Model Developments and am looking forward to building it and adding it to the scullery.  I'll be building cabinets in here the same as the kitchen cabinets with the exception of a couple of sinks.  This room is going to be fun since I'm going to make it look very "worked" in.  LOL!

Look how tidy these poor girls look doing this hard work!
Brian cut and routered a board for me this morning that will sit between the basements and the manor.  It will also give me eight extra inches for landscaping!  For now, the extra spandrel I needed for the turret roof came on Friday, so I think I'll go play with that . . .


  1. You get things accomplished astoundingly fast! Everything looks wonderful!
    I would be willing to wager that this will not be your final mini house project - I think once this one is finished you are going to miss all the fun of building and decorating!

    1. Thank you Jodi! I'm afraid you might be right . . . I'm thinking I'd like to do an English manor dollhouse all in roses and chintz fabrics. Something like Laura Ashley. Dreaming . . .


Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, please consider following. Thank you!