Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Beacon Hill Additions

Since I'm almost getting to the point where I can start installing the roof, I decided it would be a good time to get my additions built as I don't want to be messing with the house once that heavy roof is on.

Using poster board to create my templates, I started with the bath and dining room extensions which will add another 6 inches to each room.  I'll be using the bump out window that originally came with the house in the dining room, creating a long window seat there, and will add another window on the front.  I added a window to the side wall of the bathroom and am contemplating adding a second window on the front wall of the bathroom, although I'm not sure I like it.  It balances with the windows below, but maybe it's overkill?  I could also set that front wall extension back a couple of inches creating a little more space for the balcony.  Hmmm . . .

Note to self - don't forget to extend the porch and balcony!



The breakfast room addition comes off of the parlor through French doors and will add another 7 inches.  I'll be using the bay window that came with the kit in the middle of the side wall and French doors leading to a small garden out the front.




This is one of those times it pays to think ahead.  I wish I had cut out the wall from the bathroom through to the extension before I glued that side wall on.  Oh well, it will give me a chance to strengthen my muscles.

I'll be cutting (or rather Brian will be cutting) all the pieces from 1/8 inch hardboard, a suggestion from Caroline at Cinderella Moments who makes everything look so easy!




2 comments:

  1. Hello Teresa Marie,
    I love your plans for the extensions. The new shape of the structure is very nice and still keeps the feel of the original house. Keep up the great work.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Giac! I wanted to stay in balance with the rest of the house and I hope I've achieved that.

      Hugs,
      Teresa

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, please consider following. Thank you!