Friday, August 10, 2018

This & That

I'm still waiting on my Beacon Hill dollhouse kit.  After a full week of waiting, I was informed that the kit is not available from the online store where I purchased it from.  Apparently, it ships directly from Greenleaf Dollhouses and they informed him that it wasn't available.  Heavy exaggerated sigh . . .

After a full refund I went to the Greenleaf website and was able to order it from there on Wednesday evening.  It was shipped Thursday morning!  Yahoo!  I'm tracking that baby and as of this moment it is in East Syracuse, New York.  Expected delivery date is Monday.  I was hoping for Saturday, but at this break neck speed it will likely be Monday.

Brian and I are going to build the basement this weekend in preparation of the house build to come.  We've purchased all the supplies and he's promised me a full day of his undivided attention.  We should be able to get the basement built in a day.  It's pretty simple . . . a box with walls.

A friend and I met up for the day this past Tuesday and after a long lunch we headed to the local Hobby Lobby.  I was able to find some scrapbook paper that I think will work well for ceilings.  My plan is to make a pattern of the ceiling out of card stock and then apply the scrapbook paper to that before attaching it to the ceiling.


Some of these papers are sparkly . . . can you see?  Victorians liked a lot of embellishment and detail.

I'm also prepared with lots of glue and I found a utility knife with titanium blades.  Hopefully this will cut real nice and not end up in dear hubby's tool box.  I'll be hiding it when it's not in use.


And I found these pretty baroque picture frames.  I found some pictures I like on the internet and will be printing them to put in the frames.


Lastly, I wanted to share with you a marvelous and wonderful website I found by Kris Compas entitled 1 Inch Minis by Kris.  She does some a-m-a-z-i-n-g miniature tutorials, some of which you can find on my side bar under Projects List.  I'm going to try and tackle the kitchen build all by myself using her tutorials.  I just hope they turn out as nice!  I also ordered her Estate Chair Kit from miniatures.com.  These chairs will go in the dining room at the ends of the table.  All I have to do is find fabric that goes well with the wallpaper that's going into the room.

I have so many ideas swirling around in my head . . . I can't wait to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, please consider following. Thank you!