Monday, August 13, 2018

Kitchen Flooring

I worked on a piece of the kitchen flooring today.  A few weeks ago I purchased some vinyl floor tiles from Home Depot in the hopes of using them for the flooring in the basement.  Today I pulled out my tools and a piece of the vinyl to see if I could make respectable "grout" lines.  To my delight, when I pulled up a thin strip of the vinyl, it showed white underneath.  Yahoo!  Grout lines!



I measured out 1 inch tiles and drew a line with a marker.  I used the width of the marker line to make my grout lines.  I scored on either side of the line and pulled up the vinyl.  It took a while to get the hang of it, but once I got going it was easy and took hardly any time at all.


The lines going the other way made me think a little harder.  I drew a line and ended up with black marker on the existing grout line.  Not good!  Then I skipped over the grout line.  Tedious!  Then I thought, why not just mark the top and bottom tiles, line up my ruler top and bottom, score with my knife and voila!


I'd like to lay the tiles on the diagonal, so I found center and centered my tile in the middle of the floor.  I'll cut the other pieces to fit, cut my grout lines and then install everything.  I won't tack down the pieces around the doors though because I'll have to cut out around them first to accommodate the door sill.


And there you have it!  Next up wiring or wallpaper?  Hmmm . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, please consider following. Thank you!