Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Taking Inventory

Yesterday I felt the urge to bring up my miniatures from the basement and take inventory.  I was pleasantly surprised by some of the things I unwrapped as I had forgotten I had them.  I'm in somewhat of a conundrum though because I could not find the sink that goes with my bathroom set.  Very odd indeed.  No matter though because following the inspiration for the new bathroom, I purchased a new sink from Reuter Porcelain that will go nicely with the bath tub and toilet I have.



Here are my miniatures at a glance . . .

The Kitchen - will be located in the basement.  I'll be changing out the table for a larger Victorian style table and will add two arm chairs.  This room will evolve over time.


Main Floor Hall - I'll be following my inspiration picture here.  It used to be the Music Room.


The Parlor - I have most of what I need for this room except for all the littles that make a home.  I also want to remake those lamps.  I made the roses from a Bonnie Lavish kit.


The Water Closet - this room will be larger in the new house and again, I'll be following my inspiration picture.  This is where that new sink will find it's home.  I'm still baffled as to where the matching sink to this set went.


Second Floor Hall - this furniture lived on the second floor hall along with a painting on an easel and a couple other chairs and side table.  I'll likely be changing this up somewhat.


The Boudoir - I purchased the matching bedroom set from Ruth Ellen's Dollhouse Miniatures.  The little lights on the vanity light up.  I purchased the Bespaq armoire from a now defunct miniature shop in Milwaukee.  Unfortunately, one of the little spindles at the top broke off (insert sad face here).  It's still a beautiful piece though.


Reginauld's Room (the Butler) - this tiny little space on the third floor used to be the sewing room, but Reginauld must have a room of his own.  I'm going to try and fit a sewing room into the basement since I had forgotten I had this pretty little set purchased at the Chicago International Miniatures Show some years ago.


Third Floor Hall - this is a small space and will be made even smaller as I plan on making Reginauld's room bigger and adding a door.  One must have his privacy.  This may be a space for a cozy little corner.  This furniture is what I had in the space before.


The Study - Mr. Pennethorne spends a good deal of time in this room enjoying gentlemanly pursuits.  There's a table with his pipes and tobacco beside the leather chair and a mini bar for making his favorite drink, an Apple Toddy (see recipe below from a passage in Captain J.E Alexander's, an English tourist in America in 1833, Transatlantic Travels).


The Conservatory - I'm not quite sure how the Pennethorne's will use this space in the new house.  This is what was there before - gorgeous wicker made by the very talented Wenlaine.  I'm leaning towards a breakfast room . . .


I also have a myriad of garden decor and miscellaneous pieces I'm sure will find a home somewhere.


And finally, I introduce you to heiress, Adelaide Gray-Pennethorne, and her new husband from across the Atlantic, Sterling Pennethorne.  Along with them are Thaddeus (a Himalayan), Merlin (a Siamese) and Phineus (a Papillon) all purchased at the Chicago International Miniature Show from Karl Blindheim.  Adelaide was purchased from the very talented Lisa Johnson-Richards.  Sterling was purchased from a lady who came from Spain (I'm sorry I don't recall her name) at the Chicago International Miniatures Show a number of years ago.


And lastly, I introduce to you, Reginauld Wright, Sterling Pennethorne's longstanding butler who came with him from England.  Reginauld learned his craft at a young age from the very prestigious International Butler Academy.  Here, he's very embarrassed to be caught without his jacket.  Unfortunately, I can't remember who I purchased him from (Marcia Backstrom perhaps?).


After inventory, I carefully wrapped everything back into tissue paper and placed them back into the plastic tub until such a time when they can come out to rest permanently in their new home at Pennethorne Manor II.

2 comments:

  1. Great pieces! I especially love the sewing room things, but it's all lovely :-). What a cute butler :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'd forgotten how much fun it is to play!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, please consider following. Thank you!