Thursday, June 4, 2020

At last . . . the Gazebo

I took matters into my own hands this morning and finished the gazebo.  There really wasn't that much left to do except glue on the shingles that run down the rafters, and Brian had already glued them all together.  So with that done I topped it off with a small roof medallion and finally a finial.

The finial is an artichoke which is an ancient vegetable full of symbolism.  They have a tender heart at their core which is protected by strong layers of leaves, lovely characteristics that may be interpreted in a myriad of ways.  They represent hope, peace and prosperity.

And without further adieu . . . the Gazebo!






I will be making flowing curtains for the gazebo and dressing it with the wicker furniture I purchased when it arrives.  This is going to be a cozy little spot for sipping iced tea and perhaps having a cat nap.

I started on the brick foundation today and will have to cut some half bricks to fill in around corners and such.  I called Brian to ask him where the tile nippers were and he said they're somewhere in the garage.  Eeegads!  It's a mess out there, so I think I'll wait until he comes home and he can find them as he probably knows right where they are.

2 comments:

  1. Your Gazebo is all that it should be, Teresa- Great work!
    and once the curtains are installed, it will feel like a home inside a home! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth! Most of the credit I have to give to my husband who patiently installed all those shingles. I prefer the heavy labor! LOL!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, please consider following. Thank you!