Thursday, June 11, 2020

Finally Finished the Foundation

Say that three times fast!  LOL!  After putting if off, I finally dove in and got the foundation finished.  What held me back was grouting and aging the bricks.  I used a "less is more" approach when aging the bricks.  I have a tendency to overdo it with paint effects.  It turned out not too badly and I think I can live with the results.








I created a more substantial front stoop out of foam board.  I'm waiting on more brick to finish.

I created this stoop for the conservatory because I couldn't find anything premade that would fit here.

I plan on adding a brick patio with a water fountain just outside the conservatory doors.
This is the last of the major work to be done on the manor.  I still have to finish laying brick on the back after I come up with a solution to hide the junction boxes, and there are a few odds and ends to finish, but for the most part I'm almost there.

I'm turning my thoughts towards the basement now and am trying to come up with a plan for the kitchen.  For now though, I'm anticipating a new arrival . . .

4 comments:

  1. Brick work can be very tedious but once it's done it makes the rest of the house look visually anchored to the ground- a Job Well Done, Teresa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth! You're so right! I was amazed at how adding the brick foundation made the manor feel solid - like it's been there a hundred years! LOL!

      Delete
  2. Incredibly done, Teresa! Your work is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jodi! I'm inspired by some of the best in return!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, please consider following. Thank you!