Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Room Reversal Complete

I've almost completed the room reversal.  The bathroom is now the little girl's room and the little girl's room is now the bathroom.  Are you with me?  LOL!  I just have to varnish the new flooring in the little girl's room and put up the door moldings and baseboards.

I thought it was going to be a monumental task, but other than tearing out the molding, it's been pretty easy.  I attached the wallpaper to heavy duty cardstock and you'd never know the walls were pitted and dented when I removed everything.  I'm very happy with how everything turned out.

The Ensuite Bathroom ~  I found this wallpaper and absolutely love it!  It has roses and peacocks . . . you can't get much more Victorian than that!  LOL!  I noticed I'm missing a chain on the light fixture and I'm sure I put it somewhere for safe keeping, but darned if I can remember where!  It'll turn up eventually I guess.  I've ordered drapes and other than that all this room needs is a rug, a mirror for over the sink, and some chachkes.




Rosemary's Room ~ I thought if I'm going to have a little girl's room it has to be all pink!  This is a different wallpaper from what I had before and I really like it.  It's pink with white roses.  The only faux paus in this room is the curtain on the left.  Because I centered the windows on the outside with the downstairs dining room windows, this window isn't centered on the wall which makes the curtains off center of the window.  At some point I may take them apart and rework them, but I hate to mess with something someone made so well.  Maybe I'll stick a plant in that corner and call it good!  But you know me . . .

I'm trying to decide on two different layouts for this room . . . what do you think?

Version 1 - bed in the center of the room.




Version 2 - bed located on the back wall.



I'll also be building a vanity from a kit and was thinking it could go on the wall beside the bed (or on that wall in Version 1).  I've ordered curtains for this third window and thought it might look nice for the bed to be centered on that window.  Anyway, let me know what you think!

My window boxes arrived yesterday (long story I'll share when I post pictures) but I need to figure out how to attach them.  They are full and luscious and I can't wait to share them with you!

And lastly here are some pictures of the newel post lamp.  They aren't the greatest because it's hard to get into that little front hall space, but I hope this gives you a better idea of how it looks in this space.





2 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, wow! You made the transitions look easy, though I know they were not! But now the manor is perfect in it's layout and just lovely in it's finishing! I love the paper in both rooms and the newel post lamp is divine! The layout choice is a tough one because both have their merits. I think you'll have to just finish all of the pieces you want to display there then have a good play. Photos always help me decide, so a good photo shoot might be the best way to decide. Excellent work on everything! Both rooms came out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jodi! You keep me inspired!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, please consider following. Thank you!