Wednesday, June 24, 2020

It's the Small Things

I worked on the basement stairwell today, but before I get to that I'd like to share some smalls that arrived today.

First up is a pair of pillows that will go on the wicker furniture in the gazebo (if it e-v-e-r arrives).



And then we have a couple of bags and boxes from a very exclusive boutique in Paris.  Adelaide had quite an exhausting day of shopping and afternoon tea at Mariage Freres.  Founded in 1854, Mariage Freres is a high-end, elegant tea shop carrying unique blends, and is the best place in Paris to buy tea.  Interestingly, her room at the George V looks just like her one back home.




The pillows, bags and boxes were purchased from Modina Dollhouse on Etsy.

Next are some Boston ferns that I purchased from Tolly's Treasures on Etsy.  Don't they look cute perched on top of the brick pillars at the entrance of the manor?




I also received this big gold frame and plan on putting a picture of Mr. Darcy in it.  It's from Worn Elegance on Etsy.



And lastly, these topiary balls in copper urns look lovely in front of the gazebo.  They are from Otterine on Etsy.



And now to the stairwell/office area in the basement of Pennethorne Manor . . .

I made good progress the last two days cutting, staining and installing the crown molding, the wallpaper and baseboards.  I decided rather than a faux opening for the top of the staircase, we're going to cut through so that it goes up into the sub-basement hall.  So another hole to cut.  The basement is going to look like Swiss cheese before I'm through!  LOL!

All that's left to do is install the lighting, a bit of trim and all the do-dads.  I'm pleased with how this turned out and am looking forward to starting on the kitchen.



The door (which is always locked) leads into the wine cellar.
Only Reginauuld has a key.
Reginauld checking on the workmanship after the contractors have left for the day.
He seems pleased, but will it pass closer inspection?
Reginauld is quite pleased with the wallaper.
And that is it for now.  I'm at a stale mate until my lighting supplies arrive.

2 comments:

  1. I think that the office area you're creating for the cook and for Reginald is gerat! I love the staircase and after looking at your previous post, I LOVE being able to see the stairs through the door window!
    I am simply AMAZED at how much progress you have been able to make despite not having all your supplies yet, even so, I LOVE everything you've done as well as your plans for the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Elizabeth! I like that view too. Isn't it great to have such sweet little vignettes in our houses? It's such a joy to play!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or message. I love hearing your thoughts! To keep up to date with the goings on at Pennethorne Manor, please consider following. Thank you!